Happy Thursday, everyone! Today is actually my Friday because I have tomorrow off since I worked last weekend so yay for me.
I think I’ve finally settled on a blogging schedule that’s working for me right now. I plan on writing one creative piece a week (lately, I’ve been writing these on Sundays and posting on Mondays). These are my “deeper” posts and usually pertain to health, motherhood, or whatever else I’ve been thinking about lately, like the Not My Body post earlier this week. These are the posts that really get my creativity flowing. Then, later in the week I’ll do a more relaxed post which will be more about current happenings in my life, such as Five on Friday or Thursday Thoughts. I think two posts a week is just about my limit right now. Anyway, onto my Thursday thoughts!
- Today is Payday. Yassss. I love Thursdays because I get up and the first thing I do is pay our bills, transfer money to savings (and I have various savings accounts set up because OCD), and evaluate our finances. I map out our budget a few weeks in advance in my planner and know exactly what bills will be paid each week. Paying bills and debt thrill me. I got really into finances when Caleb was born, particularly Dave Ramsey. I’d love to attain financial freedom one day! I think about it all the time. If I won the lottery, the first thing I’d do is pay all our debt (not do something fun… that’d come after), especially the mortgage and student loans.
- Caleb starts music class back up again tonight! He goes to Music Together classes which is a national organization and we happen to have a teacher here. Each season is a new session with new songs and the classes are mixed age from birth to 5 years. Parents participate and Caleb is obsessed. I can’t wait to see how excited he is tonight because we took the summer off. He’s going to FLIP!
- My aunt and I are season ticket holders to our local theater and get to see five productions a year (and in the second row to boot). Our first one of the season was on Tuesday and we saw The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. It was SO bizarre. By the end, it had kind of grown on me and I was glad to have seen it, but it’s not one I’d see again. Who has read the book? I actually haven’t yet.
- I randomly stopped getting emails notifying me of blog comments a couple of months ago. I talked to Bluehost and they said they couldn’t do anything about it. What’s weird is that I get a couple of emails for comments, but not many. Anyway, the point of this is to say that if you’re not getting email replies from me, that’s why. I do still see (and love) all my comments, but they’re just not emailed to me anymore.
- I took Bully to my vet this week for a new patient check-up. The poor guy had a double ear infection and an infection in his tail nub. He obviously came to us with these issues and we didn’t know about it, but I’m so relieved he’s getting treated. He’s also officially up to date on all shots and medications now so I’m feeling better about my old man and his health. Sidenote: I LOVE our vet. He’s so good that we followed him to a new office that’s 20 minutes further for us from his old office just because we wanted him to continue seeing our animals. He’s honest, caring, and doesn’t try to rob you blind.
- One of my favorite hobbies is looking at houses on Zillow. We bought our home in 2014 and it’s actually a family home. My great-grandparents built it in the 60s. It has a lot of character and we’ve slowly been making it our own, but we’ve been debating. We plan on saving up as much money as we can and in a few-ish years either completely gutting and remodeling the kitchen, or instead using that money to move to an already updated house in a neighboring town that’s a bit more country (which I like) and has a lower crime rate and better schools. It’s such a hard decision. We will probably just stay in our house and fix it up because we live just minutes from all of our family and my job, but the idea of a huge remodel is daunting and we really don’t like this school district (if we don’t move, the plan is to send Caleb to private school… cha-ching though, am I right?!). If we stay, which we probably will, the kitchen is a huge priority then fixing up some floors and putting up a privacy fence. Have you ever sold your house and bought another?
- This weekend is going to be kind of busy. I have plans to go to a festival with one friend (though it’s supposed to rain all weekend so there might be a change of plans). Jerry and I are also having a couple of friends over for dinner on Sunday. What are your weekend plans?
- Does anyone else watch Married at First Sight? I’m obsessed with trashy reality TV and this is one of my favorites. Nick and Sonia… what is even going on?!
- It’s finally starting to cool down a bit here with some fall-like temperatures. Good thing I have these fall things my grandma made for me: a Halloween quilted table topper that I requested and a knitted pumpkin hat for Caleb. My grandma is talented and always delivers when I have a request! I love it. Packages in the mail from her are always so exciting!
I think that’s it for me this week, everyone! I hope your weekend is great and full of fall-like activities and temperatures!