September was a pretty crazy, busy, and exciting month. We got quite a bit of housework done, and I celebrated quite a a few anniversaries. My September in a nutshell…
- Found out we are having a baby BOY (Caleb Manuel)!
- Had my five year blogiversary!
- Had my three year adoptiversary with my Dakota dog! <3
- My book club turned one year this month! We held our first meeting in September 2013 (with The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey) and I am so pleased that we’re still going strong and I’ve made some awesome new friends.
- We got the baby’s room carpeted. His dresser and bassinet were also put together.
- We got a new refrigerator and dishwasher after a major fridge leak. We’ll be paying the bill on this one for awhile, but overall we are very happy with it. Freezing cold drinks for the win!
- We had an expensive plumbing job done in our upstairs shower to fix it. Our bank account is not happy, but the hubby sure is. He can now reclaim the downstairs shower as his own again…
- I’ve been enjoying the fantastic fall weather (though this past week it got hot again).
- Some “fun” things about the month: had brunch with the family at Tillmans followed by some co-op shopping for my beloved primitives, started couponing with my sister-in-law to save money (we’re baby couponers, amateurs still), went to an alpaca farm with Jerry, my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew!
Hey alpacas… I like your bangs!
So those were the big September events. I’m just getting better from a crappy cold, and am SO ready for October, which is probably my favorite month! I just LOVE the fall. I am not a hot weather kind of girl and fall is so cozy, especially here in New York where the temperatures drop, the leaves fall, and pumpkins are everywhere you look. I love walking into stores and being bombarded by all the fall-ness. It makes my heart so happy. Also, Halloween. I love Halloween for some reason. I love reading scary books, watching horror movies with my hubby, and decorating the house (as you can see above and below, I did that this past weekend! We even have a blow up, light up pumpkin monkey outside… bahahaha.). We’ll be skipping one of the things I look forward to all year though… haunted hayrides and houses. I LOVE getting scared, even though I hate it in the moment. I wait all year for these things, but I’m not sure me getting stressed out like that would be good for the baby. There’s always next year, and we will enjoy some other fall activities to make up for it though!
There are so many things to love, but the best thing about October? The best thing is that Jerry and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary on October 5th. I cannot even believe it’s been almost a year since we got married. I am in awe over that fact. I can’t wait to celebrate our first year together in just a matter of days. Our anniversary is Sunday and I have a three day weekend to celebrate. We’ll start by picking pumpkins on Saturday, then celebrating the whole day Sunday. I’ll definitely recap it more afterwards. Yay, October, Halloween, and anniversaries!