We all have our own unique little traits, amiright? Call these confessions, or quirks, or whatever you want… but here are some random weird things I do because it’s pretty fun to laugh at yourself.
- I basically always wear socks unless I’m in the shower. I sleep with them on, which I hear is weird, and HATE going barefoot. You will very rarely catch me in flip-flops or sandals or the like. 100 degrees out? Don’t give a shit. Give me my socks and shoes, baby!
- I will NOT start a movie if it’s after 8:00. “Too late!” I say. “You’re an old lady!” Jerry retorts. Drives him nuts, but I need my beauty rest and 8:00 is my cutoff time for movie starting.
- Speaking of beauty rest, I go to bed quite early, usually around 10:00 with 11 being my late bedtime. I need my sleep or else I’m a complete b*tch. Imagine my crappy attitude, then, during the newborn days. Yikes. Despite my need for sleep, I’m actually pretty crappy at it. It takes me eons to fall asleep, and staying asleep through the night is for the birds, apparently. Doesn’t happen for me.
- I often (attempt to) sleep in awkward, leg-bending positions to accommodate my 12 pound dog in my king size bed. He always needs to be up my butt, and sometimes I am feeling too nice to give him a little shove down the bench.
- I very often bust out in random dance and song… and often in falsetto or other odd voices. I’m actually a decent singer, but you would never know it. FA LA LA LA LAAAAA.
- Yo, does anyone else have a crazy reaction to eyebrow waxing? I don’t get it done nearly enough because when I do… I open my eyes after they’re done and they just water to the high heaven! I always preface a waxing with, “FYI, my eyes water really badly. You’re not making me cry, I just have a sensitive face!” Embarrassing.
- I don’t give two shits about makeup or hair… I give maybe ONE shit. My morning routine is as follows: shower, dress, dry my hair (and occasionally straighten the front), put on eyeliner and eyeshadow, BOOM, done. Oh, plus deodorant. Pretty sure we all need deodorant. But notice, no lip shit, no face junk, no blush, no mascara. I’m not much of a girly-girl and I usually get my hair cut at Hairzoo for 12 bucks. SCOOOORE.
- I have a horrible habit that everyone who knows me hates and mocks and it’s called lip-picking. When I’m nervous, I pick at the skin on my lips. Occasionally, they bleed. I KNOW I KNOW, I’m gross, okay? But if you really want to know, look this shit up. It’s a real thing… an OCD thing.
That’s all the “baring of the soul” I’ve got for you today. I’ve got lips to pick, a falsetto rendition of “Hello” to sing incorrectly (Sorry, Adele), and socks to admire.