May Goals Recap
- Waxing: DONE! Brows and lips, nice and fresh fresh!
Hair Cut: DONE! Chopped it all off. Order Prescription Sunglasses: DONE! Just waiting for them to come in. Use / Decorate my planner for the whole month: DONE! I felt much more organized. Planning on keeping this up as long as possible.
Memory Keeping Goals
- Photo books: IN PROGRESS. I make quarterly photo books on Shutterfly and was three books behind. My goal was to finish making and order those three books. Didn’t happen. I did get one ready to order but my books are huge and cost over $100 so it never fit into my budget. I am working on creating the other two books but haven’t finished yet.
- Finish transferring phone videos to external hard drive: IN PROGRESS. I transferred 100+ videos, but still have 100+ to go. Yikes. Getting there!
Order DVD of videos: DONE! I ordered a DVD of my 2015 phone videos of Caleb.
Pay $200 on my credit card: DONE! I killed this goal by paying $350.03 this month. In yo face, debt! Oh, and $80 of that came from the eBay sale of a pair of my Lularoe leggings that I no longer wanted. Sweet! Don’t use credit card: DONE! Save $150: DONE-ish. So I guess I should have been more clear. We put $150 into savings, so yep, did that… but we had to take out over $500 for car repairs and our gutter repair, so we’re down in our account from where we are at the start of the month. I’ll be more clear with this one next time.
Drop boxes off at Goodwill: DONE!
- Finish cleaning our bedroom: NOPE. I did get the Goodwill box out of there, but it’s still a bit cluttered. We have too many clothing items… see below for one of my goals. 😉
- DONE: 9
- IN PROGRESS: 2
- NOPE: 1
- Don’t drink any soda: I LOVE diet Coke, but diet Coke does not love me. It usually makes me sick and gives me a headache, so I don’t want to drink any soda for the whole month.
- Get Dakota groomed: He needs to go to the groomers. It seems that he’s always overdue for his haircut and he is yet again.
- Clean out my car: Now that the weather’s nice, I’d really like to clean out and wash the inside of my car. There’s so much junk in there, I could live out of it. Not good.
- Clean out the refrigerator: I want to clean out the old stuff and also run all the shelves through the dishwasher.
- Switch out Caleb’s clothes: I need to pack up Caleb’s winter wardrobe / smaller clothes and switch in his summer clothes so I can see what he still needs for the warmer months!
- Find three pieces of clothing to get rid of: My wardrobe has gotten to be too big again so I’m going to take a tiny step at culling it down a bit. I’ll either toss or donate the items depending on condition. Minimalist, I am not, but over the last year or so, I’ve been feeling the urge to purge and get rid of excess “stuff.” I just want to live a simpler life and have a cleaner house… is that too much to ask?! Note to self: this does not include the three pairs of leggings I have sold / am selling on eBay. I have 50+ pairs of leggings and decided I needed to cull a bit.
Memory Keeping Goals
- Order one photo book: I’d like to get my next photo book (July – September 2016) ordered this month. It’s finished and ready to go… just waiting for a good sale.
- Finish making my other two photo books: I’d like to finish making my other two photo books (October – December 2016 and January – March 2017) but don’t need to order them yet because MONEY. Even if I don’t order them yet, it’ll feel good to know that they’re ready to go when our budget allows.
- Create a blog post photo book: My blog friend Leslie had an amazing suggestion: turn my post, I Loved You Then, into a picture book for Caleb! Such an amazing idea so thanks, Leslie!
- Order DVD of 2016 videos: I got my 2015 videos of Caleb made into a DVD and this month I’d like to get my 2016 videos done
- Net $200 in savings: Stepping up my game from $150 to $200 this month and clarifying that I’d like to be up $200 by the end of the month. This means that if we take any out, we’ll need to try and put it back, plus an extra $200 on top of that.
- Pay $250 on the credit card: Stepping up my game a bit here, too!
Reading & Writing Goals
- Finish reading 5 books: I’m behind on my goal of reading 50 books this year. I need to read more!
- Blog at least 8 times: I like to blog at least twice a week, so a total of 8 posts this month would be great.