June Goals Recap
Don’t drink any soda: DONE! This was hard. I was tempted SO many times, but I stuck with it. I will start drinking soda again, but I am going to keep trying to really limit it since Diet Coke is my soda of choice and it usually makes me feel unwell. Get Dakota groomed: DONE! Lookin’ so fresh and handsome.
Clean out my car: DONE! My mom actually did the bulk of this one day while she was waiting in the car for me with Caleb. Thanks, Ma! Next, I need to vacuum it and go to the car wash! Clean out the refrigerator: DONE! I threw out all the old stuff, gave it a good scrubbing, and ran the shelves through the dishwasher. Switch out Caleb’s clothes: DONE! He definitely needs a few more pairs of shorts, I discovered. Find three pieces of clothing to get rid of: DONE! Threw out one old thing, sold 9 more pairs of leggings, and donated at least 20 things… so while I would say I CRUSHED this goal, I bought a lot of new clothes, so now my closet is just as full if not fuller. Oops. Out with the old, in with the new?
Memory Keeping Goals
- Order one photo book: FAIL. Still haven’t gotten around to ordering my next book which is July – September 2016.
Finish making my other two photo books: I finished making my two photo books! Yay! (October – December 2016 and January – March 2017)
- Create a blog post photo book: FAIL. Didn’t even start this one.
- Order DVD of 2016 videos: FAIL. I haven’t finished transferring videos from my phone yet and that’s the first step.
- Net $200 in savings: FAIL. I fell SO off the financial wagon this month. I bought way too many new pieces of clothing so this did not happen. Oops.
- Pay $250 on the credit card: FAIL. See above. Sigh.
Reading & Writing Goals
- Finish reading 5 books: FAIL. Slow reading month for me. I only read about 2.5 books. I had a tired couple of weeks where Caleb was waking up early and I just didn’t have the energy to read more than a chapter or two a night.
Blog at least 8 times: DONE. I posted 10 times this month!
- Done: 8
- Fail: 6
- Finish transferring 2016 videos from phone to hard drive: This wasn’t an actual goal in June, but I need to do this in order to do the next goal, which WAS a June goal…
- Order DVD of 2016 videos: Once I get my videos transferred, I can order my 2016 DVD! I loved my 2015 one with videos of Caleb as a teeny babe.
- Order one photo book: I STILL need to order my next book, July – September 2016.
- No new clothes: Trying to get my finances back in order from last month and I do NOT need ANY new clothes!
- No new books: Same as above.
- Pay $300 on credit: I want to pay a total of $300 between my credit card and PayPal account.
- Get Jerry’s car fixed: We need to save up for and then fix a leaking pan. Oh what fun.
- Finish putting photos in photo albums: Before I switched to Shutterfly photo books in May 2015, I made prints of all my pictures. That means I have hundreds of baby pictures of Caleb from January – April 2015 that STILL need to be put into albums. YIKES!
- Create April – June 2017 Shutterfly photo book: Still haven’t ordered the last three books, but it’d be nice to have them all made at least and this would mean I’m caught up!
- Print and frame photos: I have a couple of frames for Caleb that I still need to print pictures for (12 month photo for the yearly frame and a bath photo for a themed frame). I also still need to frame one of our cruise portraits from November.
- Clean the spare room: No way to quantify this, and I don’t think it’ll be completely DONE in July, but I really want to spend some time cleaning out the spare room. It’s just a MESS and is essentially being used for storage.
- Get waxed: Time for another eyebrow and lip waxing. Joy.
- Get Caleb’s hair cut: The little guy needs another haircut!
- Go for 6 walks: Exercise, baby! Nice weather in NY is rare so I need to take advantage of it.
- Read 4 books: I need to step up my reading game!
- Read Caleb 10 NEW books: We have our favorites and are always re-reading them. This month, I’d like to check out 10 new books from the library and read them to him.