July Goals Recap
Finish transferring 2016 videos from phone to hard drive: DONE! I finished this up, and had less videos waiting to transfer than I thought!
Order DVD of 2016 videos: DONE! It’s in the mail and now I’m just waiting. Order one photo book: DONE! I killed this goal and ordered not just one, but all THREE books that I needed in order to be caught up! Why? Because I got a KILLER deal: all three for $104 total instead of the nearly $600 they would have been full price!
- No new clothes: FAIL. I shopped for more clothes again. On the bright side, I didn’t shop NEARLY as much as I did in June.
- No new books: FAIL-ish. I accidentally bought a couple of books at the Dollar Tree without even thinking. I’d consider this a half-win.
- Pay $300 on credit: FAIL. I ended up paying $205, which isn’t bad but isn’t what I was aiming for. We had some unexpected costs come up though (like Jerry flying to California for a funeral).
- Get Jerry’s car fixed: FAIL. Didn’t happen due to money.
- Finish putting photos into photo albums: FAIL. I honestly forgot. Oops.
Create April – June 2017 Shutterfly photo book: DONE! Uploaded the photos, arranged them in order, and sent it off to the Make My Book service. Yup, I’ve been using that Shutterfly service for over a year now because it takes me WAY too much to time to make my own. I love it. NOPE, not sponsored… just a big fan! Print and frame photos: DONE! I had a few miscellaneous things that needed to be printed and framed and I did them all.
- Clean the spare room: FAIL. I hung up some clothes in there, but that’s it.
Get waxed: DONE! Eyebrows and lip so fresh! Get Caleb’s hair cut: DONE! Yesterday… right in the nick of time!
- Go for 6 walks: FAIL. I only got 3 walks in. It’s hot as heck outside!
- Read 4 books: FAIL. Not quite there.
Read Caleb 10 NEW books: DONE! This goal really motivated me out of our reading rut of the same old books again and again. We read lots of new books this month!
8/16. Not horrible, but not great.
Rollover Goals (unfinished goals from last month that I’d like to revisit this month)
- Finish putting photos into photo albums
- Pay $250 in debt (credit card and personal loans): As always, I’d like to slay some debt.
- Net $50 into savings: I want to end the month with $50 more in savings than we’re starting with. If I take any out, it means I have to put that back, PLUS the $50 I want to save. I normally like to save A LOT more, but my focus right now is on debt repayment. We do need to save for car repairs though so this will be a start. It’s pretty low too because of the next goal…
- Pay for vet visit without using savings/credit: Dakota is going to the vet for his annual visit this month. I’d like to pay for it out of pocket (in other words, not on the credit card and not pulled from savings).
- Do not use credit cards: I don’t want to use credit cards this month. I used to be so good about this until recently. I need to get back into not using them at all.
- Drop off to Goodwill: Time for another Goodwill drop off. I currently have about five boxes/bags in my garage waiting to go.
- Acquire, assemble, and arrange a shoe rack: Our shoes are all over the place so I want to order a shoe rack, set it up in the garage, then get all of our shoes on it.
- Sort through tupperware: I honestly do this every couple of months because the mismatched lids drive me bonkers. Time for another clean out!
- Buy a new sheet set: We only have one nice set of sheets and the other ones are crappy, so I’d like to get one new set of nice ones. Any suggestions for nice sheets that won’t break the bank? We have a king size bed so the prices are kind of steep but it’s much needed.
- Cull 5 books from my collection: I almost always get rid of a book when I’m done reading it unless it’s a favorite. If I don’t finish reading 5 books this month which I can then donate, that means culling some from my unread collection. This goal will motivate me to read faster (so I can donate 5 books that I’ve read instead of unread books) PLUS help me to declutter, so it’s a win-win. Here we go!
- Reach 50 likes on my dip business Facebook page: I started on July 10th and am at 40 likes now. 50 is my first personal milestone and I offered a giveaway for when I hit 50 likes. Everyone who likes the page is eligible to win. I’m actually having A LOT of fun running this little business of mine.
- Go for 5 walks: Exercise and motivation are badly needed over here, my friends.
- Go on a date night, just Jerry and me: I’d like to have a date night with just the two of us. I’m sure my mom would love to watch Caleb!
- Get caught up on Big Brother: I haven’t started this season yet but it’s all on my DVR. I am SO behind on my shows lately, it’s crazy. I need to get caught up to avoid spoilers!