August Goals Recap
- Finish putting photos into photo albums: FAIL. This still didn’t happen. I started it awhile ago, but still have hundreds of baby photos of Caleb to file away into albums. I’m going to table this goal for now. It does need to be done, but I think it’s a lengthy project best suited for a “staycation” or the next time I have a few days off of work in a row.
Pay $250 in debt (credit card and personal loans): DONE! You’ll see a full update on my Debt Diaries next week, but we beat this goal. Net $50 into savings: DONE! Actually, we netted over $250, so we crushed this goal. Jerry’s car needs some work ASAP so we had to step up our savings game. Pay for vet visit without using savings/credit: DONE! I put away money in Dakota’s “sinking fund” all month and saved enough for his vet visit. I have a bit left over too which I’ll buy some meds with. Do not use credit cards: DONE! Didn’t use the credit cards at all this month! Woohoo!
Drop off to Goodwill: DONE! Loaded up and dropped off six boxes this time. Ahh, doesn’t it feel good to de-clutter? Acquire, assemble, and arrange a shoe rack: DONE! I love getting our house organized and this really helped! Sort through tupperware: DONE! Paired them all up, tossed a couple of mismatches and ones I didn’t want, and voila! Magically clean cupboard… although it’ll need to be done again in a couple of months. It always does! Buy a new sheet set: DONE! Alright you guys, we went with bamboo as several of you suggested! The bonus was that the set in King size was only $30.95! We really like these sheets and plan on getting another color soon.
Cull 5 books from my collection: DONE! I culled and am donating a few that I had read and was done with, and a few duplicates I found on my shelf. Reach 50 likes on my dip business Facebook page: DONE! I grew my page from about 40 to 61 this month! I’m loving this little business.
- Go for 5 walks: FAIL. I only went on one. Ugh.
Go on a date night, just Jerry and me: DONE! It had been SO long since we’d had a date night just the two of us or gone to the movies. We had dinner at a new Thai restaurant and we both LOVED it. After, we went to see Annabelle: Creation which I thought was genuinely scary and well done. My parents watched Caleb and took him swimming so it was thumbs up all the way around.
- Get caught up on Big Brother: FAIL. I started at least, but am not even close to being caught up.
11/14. This was a great month, I’d say!
- Sort through baking and dry goods cupboard: I go through this cupboard a couple of times a year. It’s overstuffed and messy again, so it’s time for a clean out!
- Organize our hall closet: I organized our linen closet this month and it’s got me feeling all zen-like. Next, I’d like to finish organizing our hall/coat closet.
- Decorate for fall / Halloween: Y’all, this is my time to shine! I am a Halloween addict and I LIVE for the fall! Time to pull out the decor… which I actually keep to a minimum because grabby toddler hands. However, I do want to put at least SOME of my decor out.
- Switch Caleb’s wardrobe from summer to fall: Time to pack up the shorts and tanks and pull out the warm weather wear. This will probably involve some shopping too for new clothes for him. I’ll count the goal complete though as long as I pack up the summer clothes and begin to pull out the fall stuff.
- Change wax melts every Wednesday and Saturday: This goal sounds kind of silly, but I want to get into more of a household/cleaning routine just to make things easier, and this is part of that! I’m obsessed with my wax warmers and am up to 9 now! I only change the wax sporadically though, hence this new attempt at a schedule. Also, I don’t regularly use all 9 at the same time.
- Wash, dry, fold, and PUT AWAY at least two loads of laundry every weekend: Sunday is our laundry day but let’s face it… most of the time, stuff stays in the dryer, remains unfolded, or remains folded but not put away. This needs some major work.
- See It in theaters: As horror junkies, we have been waiting anxiously for this movie’s release!
- See Mother! in theaters: Since we went to the movies last month, I re-discovered how much I love actually going to the movies. We also just signed up for MoviePass which makes this so much more affordable, and we’re looking forward to going to the movies now as much as we can (once we get our cards in the mail).
- Watch 2 horror movies on DVD: Let’s face it, it’s ALWAYS horror time for Jerry and me, but when it’s fall, the rest of the world finally agrees! I have a back log of horror movies on DVD for us to watch.
- Do one thing from my Fall Bucket List: This post will be going up soon! Most of the activities have to wait until October, but I’m pretty sure some of these events begin in late September. In order to do as many of them as possible, we’ve got to get an early start!
- Create a photo album for Jerry: When Jerry came home from California, he brought with him some old photos from his childhood. I’d like to put these all together in an album for him (and later, Caleb!).
- Transfer at least 50 videos from my phone to hard drive: My phone is nearly full again and I need to make sure my videos are safe, anyway!
- Have a no-plan / don’t leave the house day: I am a crazy busy/stressed person. I’d like to have ONE day this month where we make no plans and don’t leave the house.
- Get my eyebrows and lip waxed: I know this is a repeat, but I’m trying to keep up with it more and do it every other month. I HATE getting it done (because PAIN) so when I set it as a goal, I’m more likely to do it.
- Pay $250 in debt (credit cards and personal loans): Self-explanatory!
- No credit cards: I’m loving not using my credit cards again and would like to continue that into this month. Barring any emergencies, this should be attainable.
- Restart Sinking Funds: I’d like to start putting money into our various sinking funds again. I’d like to end the month with at least $20 in each of these four: vacation fund, car fund, vet fund, and garbage/water bill fund.
- Budget for and purchase at least two Halloween shirts: I have my eye on a few Halloween t-shirts (one says Halloqueen… it’s screaming my name). I’d like to buy a couple of them this month!
- Purchase flea medicine for the dogs: I was getting ready to pay over $100 for a 6 month supply when my friend sent me a link for a 13 month supply for less than $35. Much better!
- Finish saving for and pay for Jerry’s car repair in full, no credit cards: Jerry is getting his car repaired this month. We’d like to save up the full amount and pay for it without having to use the credit card.
WHEW! Lots of goals this month, but many of them are fun! Setting these goals really gets me pumped and motivated to get sh*t done.
What are your goals this month?