September Goals Recap
Sort through baking and dry goods cupboard: DONE! Organize our hall closet: DONE! This really didn’t take long at all. I bought some bins at the Dollar Tree, pulled everything out, then sorted the stuff into the bins. Decorate for fall / Halloween: DONE! Did this over Labor Day weekend!
- Switch Caleb’s wardrobe from summer to fall: FAIL. Weekends were busy and weather was warm. Rolling this goal over.
Change wax melts every Wednesday and Saturday: DONE! I did this about every other day. I will likely keep up that schedule. Wash, dry, fold, and PUT AWAY at least two loads of laundry every weekend: DONE! We will never be caught up with laundry, but I definitely think we didn’t let it sit like we usually do after folding.
See It in theaters: DONE! Went to a new Asian buffet with Jerry and then saw this on opening weekend. We really enjoyed it! I didn’t find it to be scary, but I did think it was really well done with SOME creepy moments and also some comic relief. See Mother! in theaters: DONE! I used my new MoviePass and it worked fabulously. We had a date night and Caleb slept over at his grandparent’s house. We had pizza with friends then Jerry and I saw the 10:10 showing of this. We didn’t get home until almost 1 am which is the latest I’ve been out in years. HA! As I predicted, Jerry hated it. I am undecided. I THINK I liked it? Watch 2 horror movies on DVD: DONE! We watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (horrid) and Fear Inc. (I loved it but Jerry did not). Do one thing from my Fall Bucket List: DONE! I crushed this goal with WAY more than one item. We went to Schutt’s Apple Mill, Bauman’s Farm Market, Herman’s Farm Market, Green Acres Farm Market, and Scarecrow Fest. PHEW! Create a photo album for Jerry: DONE! Quick and easy. Transfer at least 50 videos from my phone to hard drive: DONE! Finished this right in the nick of time. Have a no-plan / don’t leave the house day: DONE! Stayed home all day on Sunday of Labor Day weekend! It worked out well because we adopted Ruffles that weekend and wanted to stay home and help get her acclimated. Get my eyebrows and lip waxed: DONE!
- Pay $250 in debt (credit cards and personal loans): FAIL. Paid $230 this month. Close, but no cigar.
- No credit cards: FAIL! We almost made it to the end of the month without it, then Ruffles got sick and we had an unplanned trip to the vet. I had $40 in the vet sinking fund, so I used that, then put the remaining balance ($125) on the card. I hated having to break my streak of not using the card, but this was kind of an emergency, and that’s about the only time I feel okay-ish about using it.
- Restart Sinking Funds: FAIL. Not a good month, moneywise, with Ruffles’ adoption, illness, and unexpected car repairs.
- Budget for and purchase at least two Halloween shirts: FAIL. See above.
- Purchase flea medicine for the dogs: FAIL. See above. This goal is rolling over.
Finish saving for and pay for Jerry’s car repair in full, no credit cards: DONE! I was so relieved when they came back with the total ($427) and we realized we could cash flow it and not have to use credit cards at all! Sure, we were a little tight on money for the rest of the week, and even a bit for the rest of the month… but we did it. We had to adjust how we put into our mortgage sinking fund a bit to cover it, but we made it. Hallelujah!
14/20. Pretty good! Our financial goals took a hit this month though and made up most of the things we didn’t get done because of our unexpected expenses.
- Switch Caleb’s wardrobe from summer to fall
- Purchase flea medicine for the dogs
- Clean the fridge and freezer: time for another fridge cleanout, and I need to do the freezer this time, too. I take out all the fridge shelves and wash them, scrub out the inside, and toss old stuff.
- Clean out the microwave
- Complete at least six more items from my Fall Bucket List: I’d like to do as many fun fall activities as humanly possible, and have my handy dandy Bucket List to refer to!
- See Flatliners in theater: Now that I have MoviePass, I want to see a minimum of one movie a month in theaters. Jerry and I really enjoy the original Flatliners movies and are looking forward to the remake.
- Read one horror novel: I love horror and it’s Halloween time so this is a must!
- Watch four horror movies with Jerry: see above!
- Purchase my 2018 planner: I’ve been using Plum Paper for a few years and am happy with them. You need to order your planner early though because they get super busy!
- Finish paying back my parents: Our “balance” of what we owe them is just $70. I want to finish paying that back!
- Restart Sinking Funds: This actually rolled over from last month. I want to end the month with $20 in each of these: vet, car repairs, vacation, garbage bill.
- Lose three pounds: I am trying to take it slow and steady with the weight loss this time around. My first time was very rapid weight loss which was hard to maintain. It’s tempting to want to lose it all quickly, but I know this is better in the long run.
- Log and stay under calories 25/31 days: I don’t log calories on Saturdays (our cheat day) and also will not be logging on Halloween because… Halloween! I also gave myself one extra day just as wiggle room because we have a lot of fall activities coming up. I’d like to log and stay within calorie limits all the other days of the month, though.
Wish me luck this month! I kept it a bit simple with the goals because it’s going to be a super busy month. Since October is MY TIME, we have stuff planned every single weekend this month, plus a weekend where I’m working AND have a baby shower to attend. All that said, I don’t have much free time until November so I needed to keep it easier with the goals.