October Goals Recap
- Switch Caleb’s wardrobe from summer to fall: FAIL. Again.
- Purchase flea medicine for the dogs: FAIL. Again.
Clean the fridge and freezer: DONE! Clean out the microwave: DONE!
Complete at least six more items from my Fall Bucket List: DONE! We did a lot more things from my bucket list in October. Things we completed are: Apple Fest, Scream Fest, Cobble Creek Farm Day, school Halloween party (though we had to leave after 2 minutes due to Caleb’s bad behavior), town Halloween party, watch four horror movies, and a haunted hayride. PHEW! See Flatliners in theater: DONE! Saw this one with my friend, Denise. It was okay. Good but not great with pretty corny flashback scenes. I just loving going to the movies, though. Read one horror novel: DONE! I haven’t finished it yet, but I’m currently reading a horror novel because it’s that time of the year! I’m reading Final Girls by Riley Sager (though it might be considered more suspense. Meh. It counts). Watch four horror movies with Jerry: DONE! We watched: Hotel of the Damned, Pitchfork, Houses October Built, Gerald’s Game, Happy Death Day, Trick R Treat, and Halloween.
- Purchase my 2018 planner: FAIL. Didn’t have the extra money. I’ll roll this goal over.
- Finish paying back my parents: FAIL. October was another tight budget month, so this didn’t happen. I’ll roll this goal over.
- Restart Sinking Funds: FAIL. See above. Rough month, money wise.
Lose three pounds: DONE! From my first weigh in of the month until my last, I lost exactly three pounds.
- Log and stay under calories 25/31 days: FAIL. I went over a couple of more days than expected. I’m not going to beat myself up over it, though.
7/13. Not awful, not great. It was a super busy month, so I half expected this, anyway. I worked two full Saturdays, attended a baby shower, and did ALL THE FALL STUFF on the other weekends.
- Purchase my 2018 planner: Need to order this ASAP so it’s here on time!
- Finish paying back my parents: Got to just get this done! Only $70 to go.
- Switch Caleb’s wardrobe from summer to fall: Rolling over, yet again. I think I need to buy a new storage tote for his summer clothes so I can get this done.
- Get the toilet repaired: This toilet is fairly new and we’ve also replaced the valve kit already, but it STILL isn’t always shutting when the toilet flushes. I’m sick of having a crappy (pun intended) half functioning toilet! This month, I’m getting a reimbursement check and plan on getting this repaired with some of that money.
- Drop off to Goodwill: You see this one in my goals every couple of months, and it’s about time for another Goodwill drop off!
- Make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving: This is easy because I always make one for Thanksgiving, but sometimes we need easy goals, am I right?
- Transfer 50 videos from my phone to my external hard drive: My phone is full again!
- See two movies in theater: I’m obsessed with my new MoviePass! Possible movies to go see are: Keep Watching, Wonder, Murder on the Orient Express, Bad Moms Christmas, Daddy’s Home 2, Polaroid
- Blog at least 10 times: Self-explanatory
- Get Dakota’s hair cut: He looks homeless.
- Get Ruffle’s nails cut: She’s super scratchy.
- Watch at least one Christmas movie: My DVR ALWAYS starts filling up with cheesy Christmas movies this time of year.
- Get my Jeep repairs done (brakes and new tires): Getting my car repaired because I’m getting a nice reimbursement check this month from work.
- Get Jerry’s Jeep repairs done (brakes): Jerry also needs new brakes. Joy.
- Take Ruffles to the vet: She needs shots and we should have the extra money this month.
- Purchase Christmas gifts for at least four people: I really want to start (and maybe even finish) Christmas shopping.
- Finish paying off and acquire new couch: We have a new couch on layaway at Big Lots. I’d love to finish paying for it this month so we can get it in our house! We weren’t planning a new couch but the other one was starting to fall apart and then Ruffles destroyed it.
- Purchase a couch cover for said new couch: To prevent the same thing from happening, we are covering this new couch.
- Pay $250 on credit cards: Self-explanatory.
- Get my second laser hair treatment done and pay outright (no credit cards): I need a total of 6-10 treatments and had my first done in October. It’s expensive, but I’d like to pay for it outright like I did last time.
- Lose two pounds: I’m cutting the goal from three pounds to two this month because THANKSGIVING!
Lots of goal this month, with some fun ones thrown in there. Hopefully I’ll check a good portion of these off!