Purchase my 2018 planner: DONE! Great deal on Black Friday (Plum Paper). Now I just wait for it to arrive. Finish paying back my parents: DONE! Felt great to crush one debt, no matter how small (and no matter that it had no interest!). Switch Caleb’s wardrobe from summer to fall: DONE!
- Get the toilet repaired: FAIL. Didn’t have the funds.
- Drop off to Goodwill: FAIL. Got lazy / busy.
Make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving: DONE! I actually was a tad short on corn syrup. It was good but a little dry this year. Luckily, I had left over pecans and will give this a second go in December. Transfer 50 videos from my phone to my external hard drive: DONE! I transferred 54. Booyah! See two movies in theater: DONE! I ended up seeing four. I saw Bad Moms Christmas, Murder on the Orient Express, Daddy’s Home 2, and Wonder.
- Blog at least 10 times: FAIL. Close but no cigar (I posted 8 times).
Get Dakota’s hair cut: DONE! He looks fantastic.
Get Ruffle’s nails cut: DONE! She behaved perfectly for it, too. Watch at least one Christmas movie: DONE. When I made this goal, I really meant one of my DVR’d Hallmark corny movies. That didn’t happen this month BUT I did see Bad Moms Christmas, so I’m calling it done.
Get my Jeep repairs done (brakes and new tires): DONE! Got new tires and an oil change. The mechanics said the brakes don’t need to be done until Spring.
Get Jerry’s Jeep repairs done (brakes): DONE!
- Take Ruffles to the vet: FAIL.
Purchase Christmas gifts for at least four people: DONE! I actually just about finished my Christmas shopping in November.
- Finish paying off and acquire new couch: FAIL. We ended up bringing a couch from another room into the living room and love it enough to keep it there. This new couch is not as much of a priority now. We still need to finish paying on it, but it will go downstairs instead.
Purchase a couch cover for said new couch: DONE! We’re going to use this one on the living room couch so Ruffles can’t destroy it. Pay $250 on credit cards: DONE! Get my second laser hair treatment done and pay outright (no credit cards): DONE! Two treatments down, four-ish to go.
- Lose two pounds: FAIL. Thanks to Thanksgiving, I think I’m down about a pound this month instead of two. Not sweating it. I’m in no rush this time.
15/21… pretty good! I got my yearly reimbursement check in November for not using my work’s health insurance. That’s how we completed a lot of financial goals.
- Watch at least five Christmas movies
- See at least three movies in theater
- Read at least two Christmas books
- Make crockpot hot chocolate
- Make a pecan pie (again!)
- Go to the Garden Factory holiday event
- Decorate my planner for January
- Apply for personal loan and pay off Amazon and PayPal cards with it
- Reconfigure debt and re-launch Debt Diaries series
- Do not use credit cards
- Sort through books in garage from my aunt
Taking it a little easier on the goals this month since it’s going to be so crazy with the holidays. I also want to relax and enjoy the season as much as possible, which is why there are also no health or weight loss goals for the month.
What is your number one goal for December?