Ahh, who doesn’t love a good staycation? A perfect mix of relaxation and productivity, right?
Though we weren’t able to take an actual vacation last year, I decided I’d take a mini staycation this January for mine and Caleb’s birthday. I had nine glorious days off in which I planned to do ALL THE THINGS. Below are the things that happened — and the things that DIDN’T happen — while I was off from work.
Crap I Meant to Do but Didn’t:
- Clean and re-organize our bedroom
- Clean and re-organize Caleb’s bedroom
- Clean the refrigerator
- Catch up on laundry
- Sort through the spice cupboard
- Sort through our dry good and baking cupboards
- Clean out the two cupboards and then organize one into baking and one into dry goods
- Have a spotless, tidy house
Crap I did Instead:
- Watched six movies: four in theater, two at home
- Started to catch up a bit on a couple of shows
- Finished a book
- Went out to dinner three times (once with my besties for a girl’s night, once for my birthday, once for Cal’s birthday)
- Went to breakfast for wedding planning with my bestie and fellow bridesmaids and went to breakfast with Jerry and Cal on my birthday
- Had a family birthday celebration at my parent’s house for Caleb, Jerry, and me, complete with garbage plates and cookie cake
- Took a few naps
- Went to Chuck E Cheese for Caleb’s birthday
- Tried that weird “painting” face app from Google where they pair you up with a painting that looks like you. Laughed way too hard.
- Cleaned our room a LITTLE bit, but didn’t finish it at all. Oops.
- Spent time with a lot of loved ones including Jerry, Caleb, my parents, my brother and his family, several aunts and cousins at the movies, a couple of friends at the movies (Angela, Mal), my besties Tay and Katie, and Mama G.
Well, I guess you could say my house isn’t as clean and organized as I’d intended it to be, but my time was well spent anyway. I’ve got a whole new slew of movies under my belt (HA!), enjoyed delicious food, and saw people I love. Job well done, self.