It’s been 3.5 years since I first started my last round of bumpdates when I was pregnant with Caleb. Holy cow! I wasn’t planning on doing them this time around, but my mom convinced me that the new baby shouldn’t be left out – haha! So here we are. I’m not sure if I’ll do them weekly like I did last time, or if I’ll drop the frequency down, so we’ll see. No actual bump picture because my stomach is mostly just fat and flabby still, so later down the road, my friends! I have plenty of other pictures to share though from early pregnancy. So here we go!
Timeline: 9 weeks today (2/11/18). Due on 9/16/18.
Symptoms: I’m feeling pretty decent these days, though some days are better than others. I’ve been exhausted beyond belief, but it seems to have eased up a tiny bit in the last few days… fingers crossed it stays that way! I also have nausea intermittently, and occasional migraines that I can’t do much for. I was advised to try taking some Magesium daily to help prevent them, so I’m trying that for now. The week I discovered I was pregnant in early January, I was EXTREMELY ill. Could not eat, had severe nausea and bathroom issues, and had to call into work for a couple of days. I still haven’t figured out if it was pregnancy sickness or a bug. I guess we’ll never know!
Sleep: I go to bed very early these days but still manage to suffer some insomnia if / when I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep. I’m only getting up about once a night to pee still, so that’s good! I seriously go to bed at 7:30 or 8 some nights, which is right after Caleb goes to bed. Some nights, I manage to stay in an upright position until 9:30! HA!
Diet / Cravings: As far as cravings go, I mostly crave chocolate milk (same as last time) and Ginger Ale. Nothing major in the food department. I’m eating normally and don’t have aversions like last time (I hated chicken with a passion).
Exercise: I’m trying REALLY hard to have a healthier pregnancy this time, and working on gaining a very minimal amount of weight since I’m already overweight. We recently joined the Y and I managed to get there yesterday for the first time. I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes and worked up a little sweat! The doctor encouraged gentle exercise like swimming and walking.
- I had my 8 week appointment last week. It was the initial prenatal visit with a nurse practitioner and it was very lengthy. They take a whole health history. It went really well, though she did give me an exam — UGH! She also sent me for some blood work (10 vials omg) and an early glucose test which came back normal. Hallelujah.
- I scheduled my 12 week ultrasound which will be the next time we get to see the little bean.
- We announced our pregnancy last Sunday and had so many well wishes and excitement from everyone!
- I got a little outfit on clearance at Kohls because it was only $2.40! It’s a girl’s outfit and even though we don’t know what we’re having, I could NOT pass it up.
- Wednesday was a bad day with a migraine and severe nausea.
- Caleb woke up at 1:30 am last night and refused to go back to bed. Perhaps he is preparing us to have another newborn.
Comparisons: Here’s my 9 week bumpdate with Caleb. Looks like I was getting up to pee A LOT more in the middle of the night than I am now. My bladder has improved – ha! Still in regular clothes both times – cool! I also started up exercising at the same time in my last pregnancy, and I dealt with some nausea and migraines around this time last time, too. I am also WAY more exhausted this time, but I have a toddler now and work FT instead of PT.