Hi! I’m Steph, a 20-something from Western New York. In short, I am a: wife, mama, reader, writer, librarian, homeowner, sometimes runner / weight loser, and dog mom.
I married my husband, Jerry, in October 2013. We met on a fitness website and he moved here from California to be with me. He is my real life prince charming. We’re big fans of horror movies, good food, and fitness.
Our son, Caleb, was born in January 2015. We are crazy about our little man and love watching him grow! He is silly, sweet, and stubborn, and is constantly making us laugh.
I’m quirky, but my husband thinks it’s funny so I’m pretty lucky. I’m also lucky to have a close knit family and small group of friends who I’m very close with. I’m an introvert and can be quiet at first, but once you get to know me… I rarely shut up.
Some other random things about me:
- I love country music, board games, chocolate, sarcasm, and reality TV.
- I LOVE learning and have a B.S. degree in English, as well as an M.L.S. degree. I work full time as a public librarian… it’s kind of my calling.
- I’m obsessed with primitives. My dream is to one day own an old farmhouse. For now, I absolutely love thrifting and looking for primitives, antiques, and all things rustic or farmhouse to decorate with. I’m also a big fan of the mason jar.
- I love organizing and a clean house makes me happy; this probably has something to do with my perfectionist tendencies / OCD nature.
- Speaking of that OCD nature, I’ve dealt with anxiety for most of my life. I’m also an introvert to my core, but have enjoyed finding ways to cope with these parts of who I am.
- I love to read (obviously) and have a huge home library. I read A LOT of genres but my favorites would have to be chick lit and women’s fiction. I’m also a big fan of suspense and YA.
- My husband and I are horror movie buffs! I love all things horror including movies, books, and Halloween, which just happens to be my favorite day of the year.
- I have a fascination with true crime which probably stems from an interest in psychology. I love reading true crime books and am constantly filling my DVR with true crime shows and documentaries.
- I’m a paper planner girl. I currently use a Plum Paper Planner. I’m not always consistent about keeping up with it, but I try. When I do… I’m all about the stickers!
- I have an interest in personal finances and budgeting. I try to utilize some of Dave Ramsey’s principles for debt reduction and savings.
About the Blog
Steph The Bookworm, founded in 2009, contains musings on my life. You’ll read about marriage, motherhood, weight loss, running, home ownership, books, and whatever else crosses my mind! I started out as a book blogger but would definitely consider myself a lifestyle blogger now.
New Here? Why not check out some of my favorite posts?
Past, Meet Present – in which I go back to my old middle school with my husband and get hit with nostalgia. (February 2016)
That Summer – in which I reminisce about that magical first summer I had with Jerry. (February 2015)
These Moments – in which I reflect upon the biggest moments of my life so far. (February 2015)
Things I Didn’t Know – in which I learn what being a mother is all about. (February 2015)
Not Perfect – in which I talk about the old comparison game and realize life is not perfect, but that’s okay. (September 2014)
Dear Fat Steph – in which I write a letter to my old, fat self. (April 2014)
Falling Off the (Fitness) Wagon – in which I continue to struggle with weight loss 118 pounds down and two years later. I’m only human! (February 2014)
Loving (and Losing) Oliver – in which I foster dogs and my heart breaks when I lose one. You might cry, but you just might “get” it if you love doggies like I do. (February 2014)
My Fat Story – in which I tell you how and why I got fat. You’ve heard all about my weight loss, now hear where it all started! (February 2014)
Steph the Half-Marathoner!!!! – in which I make my dream of running a half marathon (13.1 miles) come true! (July 2013)
How to Lose Weight Without Dieting (or, How I lost 112 Pounds Without Starving or Going Crazy) – in which I get asked a million times how I lost weight so I finally compiled my tips. (May 2013)
A Bad Run – in which I feel down about a bad run but realize I’ve made so much progress. (April 2013)
One Hundred Pounds – in which I hit triple digits in my weight loss. (March 2013)
My 15K! – in which I talk about running my first 15K (9.3 miles) and overcoming obstacles! (March 2013)
On Doing Hard Things – My Story (So Far) – in which I talk about changing my lifestyle, losing weight, and becoming a new me! (November 2012)
The BEA Post – in which I went to BEA and had the time of my life… but be ready for super fat pics. (June 2011)
Accepting Myself as a Blogger – in which I remember why I started blogging in the first place and stop comparing myself to others. (January 2011)
Nostalgic Reads: My Journey as a Reader – in which I chronicle my book love from childhood and explain my love for reading. My all time favorite post. EVER. (February 2010)