I am not a tomboy at all. I hate sports, don’t dress like a dude (at least I don’t think I do…), and definitely identify much more with emotions and feelings of females because duh, I’m a female. But even though I am NOT a tomboy… I’m not a girly girl AT ALL. I only just recently just started getting into clothes (and half the time still wonder if I’m even doing THAT right), and am basically not into other things that most girls like aside from that. Here is an extensive list of things that many girls love that I do not.
- High heels and fancy shoes: Hate, hate, hate. Give me sneakers or boots any day of the week! I do the high heel wobble whenever I am forced to wear them for a wedding or something. Also not a fan of sandals because I hate going sockless. However, I do have a few pairs that I started wearing this summer and they aren’t AWFUL.
- Salad : I feel like so many girls eat salad for lunch and I’m all “NOOOPE!” Never been a salad or vegetable fan, especially RAW veggies. Perhaps this is why I have a weight problem? Perhaps. Wish I could do the salads but I just can’t.
- Make up and beauty products: For makeup, I literally wear eye liner and eye shadow and that is all. I also use chapstick because DUH! I’m just not into beauty regimens, rarely have my nails painted, and my skin is pretty great naturally.
- Jewelry: I basically just wear my wedding rings. I had to take my earrings out in February for my D&C procedure and haven’t even put THOSE back in. I will say that I have very recently started wearing and buying jewelry on occasion, but that goes hand in hand with my recent interest in clothes and fashion. And to be honest, I have screen shots on my phone of how to style my new jewelry with my new outfits because I’m clueless.
- Hair: I wash and condition my hair daily in the shower (with cheap stuff), dry it, and then wear it down every single day. The end. I do nothing else to it except occasionally run a straightener through it when I have time in the morning to get out the ugly kinks and waves. When I get it cut (once or twice a year), I go to Hairzoo and pay less than $20.
- Cooking: I’m not the cook in our house… Jerry is. I try my hand at it on occasion, but he is a much better cook than I.
- Starbucks and Coffee: Don’t drink coffee so you will never see me with a Starbucks selfie. I do drink hot chocolate, but Starbucks hot chocolate is WAAAY too expensive (though delicious).
- Yoga/Pilates: I tried these a time or two, but my body just doesn’t bend and move around gracefully. I’ll take an elliptical or a run outside over this any day of the week!
- The beach: NOPE. I hate the heat and while the sun looks pretty and all… I cannot stand sitting in it for more than a minute or two. Also, in case you forgot, I HATE swimming. Also? Bathing suits. My goal for a bathing suit is simply to find one that covers me up the most. Would a full body swim suit be acceptable? No? Okay.
- Crafts and DIYs: I’m creative with writing, marketing, and graphics… but ask me to make a craft of some sort with my hands and you will get a Pinterest fail. I hate it, rush through it when I DO do it, and am awful at it.
- Wine: I don’t like the taste of alcohol AT ALL so I rarely, rarely drink. Alcohol also makes my limbs feel weird. I can’t get behind wine or all the cute wine shirts and things I wish I could wear because I don’t do wine! There. I said it.
I know this is a pretty extensive list of things that I hate, or at the very least, dislike… but I promise there are many things I love, such as reading, writing, blogging, animals, primitives, horror, Halloween, true crime, budgeting, musical theater… and the list goes on!
Anything YOU hate or dislike that most girls seem to enjoy?