Time for my 2017 Fall Bucket List! I know my lists look similar from year to year, but they serve as a reminder and giant checklist of all the things I want to do. We probably won’t be able to fit it all in, but I’d like to do as much as possible. I’m listing a lot more than we’re likely to be able to do simply so that I can keep track. I’m going to check back in mid-November because that’s when I switch to Thanksgiving/Christmas mode (though I honestly kind of think fall is sort of over with Halloween, even though I know it really isn’t. I kind of consider just all of September and October to be fall. Anyone else?). Anyway, here we go with the massive list!
- Garden Factory Fall Festival: I love going to this every year. A local store holds these festivals every weekend in the fall and you can enjoy a light show, concessions, animals, and more!
- Apple Festival: I love going to the annual Apple Fest with my friend, Denise. We walk around, grab some food, and check out the vendors! Apple sausage, anyone? (Note to self: October 1).
- Scarecrow Festival: We haven’t been to this yet, but want to go every year! Maybe this is the year? (Note to self: September 30)
- Hamlin Scream Fest: Some kind of Halloween themed festival with a variety of activities! Looks fun! (Note to self: October 7)
- Farm Day & Pumpkin Patch at Cobble Creek Farm: We love going every year to a local farm that is owned by a family friend. It’s a day of fun with a hayride to the pumpkin patch, pumpkin people decor, a pool of corn, and more! We love getting to pick out our own pumpkin to take home.
- Schutt’s Apple Mill: We went to an apple farm a couple of years ago where you could enjoy donuts, apples, apple crisp, etc. There are several in the area and I want to try the donuts at all of them. This is one I’d like to try! (Note to self: Fall Kickoff Event is September 10)
- Herman’s Farm Market and Cider Mill: Another place to try donuts.
- Bauman’s Farm Market and Greenhouse: Yet another place to try donuts. They also have fall activities for kids, I hear.
- Zarpentine Farms: Another local farm, known for their awesome cider. I’d love to have a family day here. (Note to self: kid’s Halloween party is October 22)
- Green Acres Farm: A place that’s literally just minutes away from us, but we haven’t tried their donuts yet!
- Kelly’s Apple Farm: We’ve been here before, but I want to go back for donuts and maybe apple crisp!
- Trolley Ride: A local transportation museum offers fall foliage trolley rides and a Halloween trolley ride. I’d like to bring Caleb to one of these events, probably the Halloween one where you ride out to a pumpkin patch and trick or treat! (Note to self: October 21 is the Halloween one).
- Town Halloween Party: I took Caleb last year and had a blast! He danced, had treats, and went through the “haunted house” in his costume. (Note to self: October 27)
- School District Halloween Party: The school district is having a Halloween party and movie night.
Hauntings and Spookiness
- Haunted Hayride: I live for this scary stuff and can’t wait to go on at least one haunted hayride this year!
- Haunted House – Dark Matter Scream Works: I haven’t been to a walk-through haunted house in years. This is a big one that they actually moved to my local mall this year and contains FOUR walk through attractions with one admission. I’d love to check it out this year!
- Glacier Ridge Dead Zone: You shoot at zombies with paintballs! I’ve been wanting to do this since last year but we didn’t get around to it. Doesn’t it sound like a blast?!
- Candlelight Tour at Haunted Mansion: This is something new and would involve a small drive to another area. It’s a “real” haunted place that I’d love to check out if we can take the drive some evening.
- Carve pumpkins: I suck at this, but Jerry did a pretty good job last year!
- Have a fall feast night with Jerry and Caleb: I’m thinking donut holes, cider, hot chocolate, pumpkin breads… the works! We can watch a movie and enjoy the flavors of the season.
- Make a pumpkin bread or pumpkin pie: This goes along with the previous goal. I’m selling a pumpkin spice pie / dessert mix through my dip business, so that may be the winner.
- Have a Hocus Pocus night with my besties: We watch it every year together! We even got Hocus Pocus shirts this year – ha!
- Watch at least four horror movies with Jerry: We do this year round, but especially want to focus in on it this fall season!
- Read at least one horror book: I’ve got a lot to choose from because I LOVE horror!
- Get a pumpkin / fall themed planter and some flowers: I want to get one of those fun planters that look like a pumpkin for our front steps, and add some flowers! Maybe mums? I know nothing about plants. Advice?
- Have a great Halloween night celebration: My nephews and family come over so we can take the kids trick or treating and always have a blast! I’ll make some fall themed treats, as always, and just have fun!
WHEW! So, those are my fall themed activities and goals this year! Can we do them all? Probably but, but I’m sure going to try!
What’s on your fall bucket list?